Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 30 April 2021

Sunny.

Another sunny day but not as cold as yesterday.
I went into town today to visit the bank and do some shopping. It was noticeably busy and the first time I'd been stuck in traffic, several times. That doesn't wind me up but what did annoy me later was using the pedestrian crossing as an older driver ignored the red traffic light and drove straight over the crossing in front of a lady about to walk across. I think I that had been me I may well have banged on his car to let him know that he was going through a red light.
After paying more builders' bills, ouch I had a quick spin around the charity shops and found myself this little glass swan for £2. I also got some men's walking shoes with springy soles but more importantly that were wide enough across the toes for my broad feet. Hopefully they'll still be comfy after a test walk but if not it's a donation to Barnardo's. Once again there were no baked beans in Lidl so I added in a visit to Tesco's. I guess that the baked bean shortage is due to students on a budget buying cheap food and also they're suitable for vegetarians and maybe even vegans. If it wasn't for the high sugar content which has been reduced over the years baked beans are a pretty healthy option. I have to admit to a liking for cold baked beans though currently it's Peter who eats them. While in Tesco's I checked out the small Polish section and found some favourites, 'cow fudge' and plum butter. Naughty but oh so tasty. Because the shop is new to me I still don't know where things are and I had a frustrating time wandering around looking for black bin bags. In the end I asked a member of staff who sent me to an aisle I'd already I'd been to. No wonder I'd missed the bags as it was just an empty space with a few rolls of bags at the back of a box and fortunately for me just one roll of the extra strong builders' bags I was looking for. Perhaps everyone is still busy spring cleaning their homes and gardens.
At home I played around with the curtain fabric trying to work out how to cut the strips of seagull fabric without chopping off too many heads. Haven't come to a decision yet. Instead I made a big pot of cabbage soup this time with bacon for the meaty flavour.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh I love the glass swan!!!