Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 4 April 2021

Sunny.

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate this special day.
(The remnant of a bigger beach structure made by holidaymakers. It looked appropriate for the season.)
It has been bright for most of the day with clouds looming over the mountains. I didn't sleep much last night and after the shipping forecast the general forecast for Monday was - hail, sleet and snow everywhere. As part of my not sleeping I went to watch tv and finally gave in and watched the first episode of Bridgerton. Highly watchable despite the blinding inaccuracies. Best to take it with a bucket load of salt and imagine it's an alternate Regency universe.
I had my camera in my hand as a Red Kite cruised past but it didn't turn on in time before the bird stopped level with the bench on the cliff and dropped out of sight. There was a lady sitting on the bench but she was engrossed in her phone and failed to see the Red Kite. She'll never know what she missed.
I had a girl come round to collect some curtains and fabric I'd put on the give away site. These were stuff that had been left in the house, Dorma ones that were in good condition. When she said she was going to use the fabric for crafting I offered her my old curtains, velvet ones, that I had hanging on the line and she took two pairs. Good to see them going to good use.
I spent the afternoon unpicking the hems of the sitting room curtains. I didn't finish the second one because when I made them the tension on my sewing machine was playing up and the stitches are absolutely tiny. It takes quite a while to undo them even with my handy stitch ripper. (That's got to be one of my most used sewing tools.) No special meal today, it doesn't seem worth it with just two of us especially as Peter doesn't really do celebrations but I did bake a chocolate chunk cake. It's been such a long time since I baked a cake I had to look at a few recipes as I never had my basic cake recipe written down. I used to use 4 eggs when we had a glut of eggs from our hens but today I stuck with two.

 

No comments: