Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 5 April 2021

Windy.

Strong winds have been blowing since last night but the revised forecast is for the 'blast of Arctic air' to hit us some time tonight. We had one short sharp shower first thing but after some initial clouds it has been a sunny day. (Photo below taken at 6.20 this morning.)
I was up early enough to catch a blaze of red sunrise over the mountains. Minutes later it had faded to orange and then was gone. For most of the day the seas have been green with whitecaps as far as the eye can see.
Apart from moving more stuff down to my study my day has been taken up with unpicking the sitting room curtain hems. Both the linings are done and fortuitously they are exactly the right length with a selvedge across the bottom as I made them from sheeting. Unpicking the actual curtains has been harder as the fabric is loosely woven cheesecloth and it would be very easy to damage the fabric. One is done and the other awaits another day.
The poor tulip is in danger of losing its petals at any moment in fact I felt so sorry for it I've just been out and tied a plastic bag over it.

 

No comments: