Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 2 April 2021

Sunny.

We woke this morning to the blue skies of what gets called Borth-Bados, a nod to the warmer microclimate we enjoy here. 
It has remained sunny all day with a sharp wind blowing. A good day for drying washing  so I've begun working my way through my vast collection of dust sheets. 
Being an even numbered day of the month I loaded up the car with six bags of garden choppings, got to the dump with only one vehicle in front of me in the queue only to discover a few minutes later that the dump was closed. That was a disappointment especially as I even had a bag on the passenger seat so it was going to be difficult to fit in the shopping I was about to do. But then I had the fun of a wander around the big Charlie's (there's a small branch right in town too). While they don't have a good selection of plants in their 'garden centre'  there are lots of tempting but expensive pots and planters. I got some more spray for my orchids and then bought this stock pot. It's irritating to have to replace or at least get an addition to our big metal casserole but this one works on the induction hob and can go in the oven at any temperature. They had a different range which also worked on the induction hob but a closer look at the details revealed that the maximum oven temperature was 200C. so this one it was at (to me) the high cost of £26.
As I was paying at the tills there was a bang from the next till where a large ceramic planter that had been placed on top of some sacks of compost on a flat-bed trolley, fell to the floor and smashed to smithereens. Fortunately for the young family it had been loaded by a member of staff so I assume it would have been replaced.
Town was very busy but I only had the shopping at Lidl to do and to collect a curtain pole for the dinning area from Argos next door. I did pop in briefly to Iceland which is between the two shops looking for frozen sweet potato wedges but they only had the fries which I didn't want.
Coming home I stopped at the top of the hill hoping to get a photo looking down on Borth but only got a view of the Ynyslas end of the beach. Below- the road, on the right suddenly winds and drops steeply down to the village and there is nowhere safe to park to take a photo.
Back home I unloaded all the bags of garden waste as the next opportunity to go to the dump is not until the 6th. Then I ironed some sheets for the trundle beds that I'd washed the other day and began unpicking the hem of one of the curtains now hanging in the sitting room as I'm still working on some sort of a plan to lengthen them rather than make new. 
A few more boxes from the front hall made their way down to my study. Carrying isn't good for my back but the laminate flooring makes it easy to slide them along instead.
Speedy stayed out all night last night. I'd whistled him up a number of times with no response so in the end I went to bed. In the morning he was waiting, wailing at the terrace door. Doubt he'll stay out again for a while.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful scenes with the blue sky and green grass.