Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 12 April 2021

Snow.

I said the wind was icy yesterday but I wasn't expecting to see snow this morning. By the end of the day it had mostly gone, melted by the sun which has been shining all day long.
I had to postpone my plan to go to town via the dump today as the builder sent us a message to say he'd be coming round to talk about the next set of outdoor projects. With the builders being so busy and rarely seen their timetable takes precedence. Originally they were going to come in the morning but later had to rearrange for early afternoon. This is the boss builder and he's very good about keeping us informed. The next projects are putting down stone slabs on the terrace and replacing the wrought iron railings with glass and building two raised beds in the front garden. Listening to the radio maybe it was a good thing not to go into town to visit the shops all of which can now open as there are reports of crowds of shoppers and queues to get in. Maybe not in Aber but I can imagine how keen everyone is to go shopping. 
Peter and I went out for a gentle walk on the beach in the afternoon. There were a few people in the water, mostly kids running in and out of the water but generally the beach was quite deserted. There was a very bored looking lifeguard standing next to his quad bike on the sand which got Peter enthusing about getting a quad bike. Not so sure about that, I suggested maybe if he had to resort to a wheelchair in his dotage it might be time to get one. 
I've got a nice pot of soup on the go, vegetables, some lentils and a Polish sausage chopped in. Perfect for this chilly weather.

 

No comments: