Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 April 2021

Sunny.

Plenty of sun and a lot warmer today.
A good night's sleep and all that sun filled me with energy. So much so that I was up by 7.00 and out of the house by 8.15 for a march up the hill to the Monument.
Once I'd caught my breath I was tempted onwards to the next beach along. On my way there my early enthusiasm was rewarded by the sight of two dolphins. They were cavorting around a paddleboarder (below). A closer look at the photo should reveal a white splash above (almost at the top of the photo) the paddleboarder and a little to the right which is one of the dolphins. The man was so excited to see the dolphins, calling out and whooping which is something we Brits, or even the Welsh rarely do. I couldn't get a better photo but instead enjoyed watching the dolphins with my little binoculars which luckily I'd brought with me.
A lot of steps down to the secluded beach.
And looking the other way from the same spot where the path is almost as steep as the stepped section. On my return journey I saw a rabbit on the path here but it ran off under the gorse when I tried to take a photo.
I haven't been able to find out the name of this beach yet (Google maps wasn't any help, I need to buy an OS map.) From the beach a footpath leads back to one of the big holiday parks.
By the time I'd climbed back up to the Monument I needed to take a break and catch my breath so I took yet another photo of Upper Borth with our house in the centre.
After breakfast I spent an hour unpicking a curtain hem before making a start on boxing in the pipes in the toilet. I'm trying to use the left over pieces from the kitchen and I could kick myself for not planning properly as I didn't chose the best piece to cut. Now it won't be such a neat job but I hope by the time I box in the pipes at the back it won't be too bad. I left that for the next time and finally escaped outside to do some weeding in the back garden. I decided to go through one of the original raised beds thinking it wouldn't take long. However I hadn't counted on finding the roots of a climber that had covered most of the fence. It's like ivy but with leaves as big as your hand. I don't know how invasive the brittle roots are so tried to remove as much as possible. My back gave up before I'd finished though I had filled a whole bucket. Also when the builders were building the other raised beds they lifted a big concrete tub full of soil onto this raised bed and even if  I empty it I doubt if Peter and I can move it. I'll wait until the next time they're here and ask them to shift it. I'm getting quite good at playing the old person card and asking younger, stronger people (usually men) to move heavy items.
I'd promised to bake some cookies for Peter and needed to buy butter which was a good reason to head off to the beach for a while. It was even busier with families in beach shelters and windbreaks down on the sand. A quick stomp along the sand, round the first pile of rocks and back to the shop for some butter and their very tasty seeded rye bread. Then home to quickly bake a batch of chocolate and peanut butter cookies before a supper of lentil, sausage and vegetable soup as a flaming red sun sank down beneath the waves.

 

2 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful views on your walk.

All the best Jan

happyone said...

What a great path to walk along - love the steps down to the beach.
What a treat to see the dolphins!!!!