Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 7 April 2021

Windy.

For most of the day it was very grey, grey sky and grey sea but by late afternoon the sun began to break through bringing shades of green to the sea.
It was bin day today, even more exciting it was the rubbish collection week. I didn't feel the need to sneak in a bag of garden waste but with the unpacking I'm now able to do there is a fair amount of packaging to get rid of. Once the basic housework was done I got on with repairing my sheepskin slipper bootees. The recent drop in temperature made wearing flip-flops not such a comfortable option. Not only did I repair the stitching that holds on the soles but one boot got a green leather patch (leather saved when I chopped up the two-seater sofa) too. They may not be the prettiest footwear but they keep my feet lovely and warm.
The house seemed very busy in the afternoon as a team of four came from the windows company to fix a number of issues with the windows. Some of the problems such as draughts from the trickle vents were down to the manufacturing (solved by screwing down the clip-in plastic vents) and too narrow trim along the side of the panes. There were also some problems due to the installers and of course the person at fault no longer works for the company. The creaking French Doors have been secured in place with more screws and we now know how to unclip the retaining bars to allow the doors to fold back completely though we were strongly advised to fit coach hooks to stop them getting caught in the wind and slamming shut.
Not long after the windows people left a girl came to collect the blankets. I asked what she was going to use them for and they were for her and her mother-in-law's chihuahuas. I was surprised to have two more people asking for the blankets, you never know what's going to be popular. I've put a ceramic soap dish, toilet roll holder and towel rail up on the page before I chuck them out and described them as retro and light green/duck egg rather than pale avocado but I'll be very surprised if anyone wants them.
I took the plastic bag off the tulip (apologies for the picture fault) but I think those petals are doomed.

 

No comments: