Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 1 May 2021

Warmer.

It's been warmer today but typically for the May Holiday weekend the weather is due to worsen dramatically with thunderstorms and gale force winds on Monday.
The morning and parts of the day were quite bright with the occasional shower. 
Being the weekend everyone was out on the water including our neighbours with their two small children and dog on board and their friends. As well as the usual motor boats there was a group of five people on jet skis (above) cutting across the horizon.
I spent the afternoon making the long curtain to go over the door. I'm using an old sheet for the lining and that had to go in the washing machine first. Once washed and ironed it was quite tricky cutting such a large piece of fabric to size. I got to the stage of still adjusting the hem when I called it a day. Too easy to make silly mistakes once I start rushing. With any luck I'll be finished tomorrow.
Much excitement today for Peter as he went for his first row with the rowing club. The Celtic longboats are 8 ft shorter than gigs and there are 4 rather than 6 rowers but the principles are the same. He had a wonderful time and I had a grandstand view from the terrace. Peter was easy to spot in his Barnstaple club red jacket.
They rowed along the coast and saw a dolphin out from the next beach along. The rule is that you don't approach dolphins and disturb them as they could be feeding.
After he came home it was warm enough for us to sit out on the terrace as the sun went down.
Last night I was intrigued to see five illuminated floats near the cliff. They'd gone out by 11.00 and I'm assuming that it was something to do with night fishing. I've asked about them on the local page but so far not had any replies.
 



1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad Peter enjoyed his rowing and neat that you got to see him.