Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 6 May 2021

Sunny.

Bright and sunny today with an icy wind.
I couldn't find my white sewing cotton which I will need for sewing my study curtains, must have used it for something and then put it ...... somewhere. That meant a trip to the shop down the road which naturally included a walk along the beach. As it was low tide I took myself for a wander around the rock pools. 
It's election day for the Welsh Parliament but unfortunately we can't vote. We only worked this out when we realised we hadn't received our voting cards by which time it was too late to apply for this election. We'd had a letter last year but the cut off date to reply was before we moved up here.


On the beach I had fun watching the tiny fish in the sand pools. There are fishes in the the photos above and below. 
I love the way the light catches the movement of the water.
Out on the sand there were areas of seaweed torn from the seabed by the recent gales. It's always interesting to see what else there is. Today there were a lot of sea urchin tests (sea potatoes). It wasn't so much the numbers I found unusual but the range of sizes with some much smaller than the usual 2" ones.
Soon after I got home from my beach walk the windows people turned up with two replacement windows. One was for my study and at last I no longer have sunlight and wind streaming in through by the side of the window. The other was for the kitchen but unfortunately they sent a side opening window instead of a bottom opening window so I guess it'll be a while before that's sorted.
Peter went off to row but by the time they got the boat in the water conditions were becoming unsafe and the row was postponed until tomorrow. I stayed home and got the cushion covers done at last.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Must be so nice to walk along the beach.
We had a sunny day too. :)