Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 13 May 2021

Wet.

A grey day with persistant light rain.
Today I took myself off into Aber to do some shopping. Apart from Lidl's basic shopping there were a few items I wanted to look for in the independant shops in town. I found tahini in the health food shop but not dry chick peas and although the local paint shop had coloured fence paint I wasn't going to spend £20 on a 2.5L tin when I only want to paint a panel about 5ft x 2ft. With all the shops now open I was able to visit most of the charity shops for a quick browse. I don't even bother to look at clothes as I have so many still packed away but you never know what 'pretty' things might appear on the shelves. What I did find was a box of new shiny metallic gift bags for 10p each so I bought 10 for future use. (The internet is running extra slow today and the spell checker isn't working so please excuse any spelling mistakes I miss as spelling isn't my strong point.) While I am getting used to the shops in Aber there are a few that we had in Barnstaple that I really miss. First off is that although there are plenty of over the counter builders' merchants there are no 'sheds' ie places where you can wander the aisles. I also miss Wilko's where you could buy quite a good range of diy items in small quantities and yes I miss Primark, Matalan is not the same.  I've checked the population of both towns and the built up area of Barnstaple is nearly double that of Aberystwyth.

When I got home the postman had delivered my new hand-hoe except that it wasn't. What arrived was more of a mini pick axe and quite heavy. I emailed the seller (it was an eBay purchase) and got an immediate and very nice reply. If they can't find the correct hoe I was offered a partial refund on the price if I wanted to keep the one that's here but it's not really suitable. Hopefully they'll have the right hoe as you never know I may be back on gravel weeding duties next week at the zoo.
As it was raining I sat listening to the television hand sewing the second curtain and have almost finished.

No comments: