Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 27 May 2021

Sunny.

There might not be any photos today because each time I try to load them an error message comes up. I'm putting this down to the fact that in an effort to restore my spellchecker I told my pc to reset. That was a bad idea as there's still no spell checker, every page I go to needs the password, the 400 piece jigsaw I was doing got wiped out and the tide times site no longer shows the tide times. However thinking about it I did the reset before yestersday's blog and that didn't have any problems.



The weather today has been bright and sunny, a regular Borthbados day. It looks like the good weather is here to stay for the weekend which for a reason that will become clear later in the post, I won't be able to enjoy.

Sunshine always fills me with energy and not only had I gone over all the floors with the dry mop and loaded up the washing machine but I'd also washed the front windows all before breakfast. After breakfast I finally got round to dismantling and cleaning the old ceiling clothes airer. The wooden slats had a good scrub and the metal end pieces were also cleaned before getting a first coat of white Hammerite metal paint. I then weeded the planters in the pathway along the side of the house before the weeds set seed and took the secateurs to the neighbours' elder bush/tree growing across the garden wall towards the side of our house.

Knowing how uninteresting other people's ailments are I try and keep health references to a minimum but here goes. For the last week I've been suffering from intense pain in my jaw either from my teeth or a long term sinus problem. This morning I tried to register with an NHS dentist but none of them are taking new patients and one of the dentists I phoned didn't even have any appointments for private patients. One dentist could fit me in for a private appointment which might include an extraction, anything to reduce the pain, but not until next Friday, not tomorrow but next week! The kind receptionist suggested I phoned NHS Direct and two phone calls and many questions later they found me an emergency appointment in Aber for next Monday. I could have had an appointment for Saturday if I didn't mind travelling for over two hours each way but Monday will do. I was also told to ring my GP to see if I might need antibiotics. Rang the surgery and then waited for the prescribing pharmacist (at least that's who I think I spoke to) to ring me back. This he did and prescribed me an antibiotic which is good but it comes with instructions to stay out of the sun, a shame but worth it if it sorts out the pain. By this time it was 15 minutes before the pharmacy closed so I walked down there and thankfully they did have that antibiotic in stock. A very different day to the one I thought I was going to have. We were going to go down to walk in the sand dunes but yet again that will have to wait until the week is up and I'm able to be out in the sun again.

Friday morning - tried adding a photo and it worked. Was it me or Blogger? I've been told off for not checking my anti-virus programs every day to make sure I haven't missed any updates 'cos of power cuts etc.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Same thing happens to me when I try to post a picture too!!