Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 2 May 2021

Sunny.

The low pressure front hasn't arrived yet though this evening's forecast says we'll wake to rain and 50-60mph winds. That said today has been pleasantly sunny with a little bite in the wind.

This morning as we ate our breakfast a fancy yacht sailed into the bay and moored right at the end of the garden. They stayed a while and then motored away using their engine.
It was too nice to stay indoors making curtains. Instead I headed out to the front garden. I began by digging up some of the brambles that had reappeared until I realised it would be a lot easier to pull the roots out from under the turf once some rain had softened up the dry hard ground. Leaving that job I began bagging up the good soil and compost from the small raised bed that Peter had dismantled. As I filled the third bag I thought that I'd need a lot of bags to cope with all the soil from the raised bed in front of the terrace and wouldn't it be handy if I had a big bag to put soil in, a dumpy bag maybe ........ like the almost empty one the soil came in that was sitting in the drive. Duh! That dumpy bag is now in the front garden ready to be filled with the soil from the current raised bed which will make things easier when they come to build the new and bigger raised beds. 
As always I had to limit the amount of manual work I do which was a good enough reason to spend time sitting on the terrace reading and then chatting to Peter when he came out to join me. I could have spent the rest of the afternoon doing that but I had some ironing to do. I'm guessing I bought the sweet pea fabric when the Laura Ashley seconds shop was closing down thinking I might want to replace the kitchen curtains in Dingles. After many years in storage the 12 metres of curtain fabric needed freshening up plus it's best to let it shrink before making up curtains. Thank goodness for my future planning. Sadly there's not enough to make new curtains for both windows in my study so one window will have the faded old curtains (two sets made into one). If the room was just for me I would be lazy and not bother with lining the curtains but as it has to double as our guest room I better make them properly. 

No comments: