Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 22 May 2021

Windy.

The gale has finally blown itself out. It's still cold and windy but today's surfers must have felt rather disappointed as they waited for some decent waves.
After breakfast I cut ran the clippers over Peter's hair. It took a lot longer than usual as there were two callers as he sat there in the chair draped in a hairdressers' cape. First was a neighbour enquiring about the food caddy I'd left out. Last Wednesday evening we'd rescued it from being blown down the road and over the cliff and not knowing whose it was I'd left it on the pavement weighed down with a couple of bricks. I had quite a chat with the chap as they moved here in November (they're the young family who were out on the paddle boards) and it's good to be friendly. Went back to my hairdressing duties and then the postman rang the doorbell with some parcels for Peter. Such an exciting morning.
I spent most of the afternoon unpicking the curtain but it's not such a relaxing activity when the sun starts shining outside. In the end I wrapped up well, and then had to take off my coat as the back garden is quite sheltered, and did some gardening for an hour. The middle raised bed was already here when we moved in and is full of good compost. My plan is to take out and bag up a lot of the compost, which I've done and then move all the compost to one end, also done so that I can fill the bottom half with any rubble that's left and add gravel. Then I can shift the compost back over the gravel and do the next section. Currently the dumpy bag of gravel is blocking the drive and too heavy for us to move so the sooner I start emptying it the better.


 

1 comment:

happyone said...

So handy that you can cut Peter's hair. Ken trims mine and cuts his own too.