Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 8 May 2021

Grey.

Not a day for gardening today with grey views and a lot of rain.
Over breakfast we watched the buoys being put out to mark the circuit for a paddling contest which was part of a junior surfing competition down on the beach. At the same time Peter was checking his phone as texts were flying through cyberspace regarding the proposed rowing session. In Barnstaple rowing would be cancelled on the basis of the previous day's weather forecast but here people are able to look out of their windows and report on the actual sea state. In the end they went down to the boat but the increasing wind and swell made it safer to call off the row. It doesn't do to underestimate the sea. At least Peter was able to bring back a couple of bottles of milk as I didn't fancy going into town.
In the meantime I got on with curtain altering. Today I sewed on new gathering tape, 1/2" lower than the the old ones, on both curtains and machine hemmed the lining and outer fabric of one of the curtains. I didn't bother with hand sewing the hem as I'd machine stitched the other pair when I made them all those years ago. 
 

No comments: