Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 4 May 2021

Windy.

Still very windy today but brighter and with a few occasional showers. Peter went into Aber in the morning and literally five minutes after he arrived back home the windows were completely obscured with rain and hail. Personally I find the sea much more fun to watch when it's in this state rather than when it's bright blue and calm. Though it helps when I'm standing in a cosy warm home.
Yesterday evening Peter had to go out and rescue the recycling box which was blowing about in the road and about to head off out to sea and in the morning one of the outside chairs was blown over. You don't expect those sort of winds in May. In the back garden one of the empty water butts had blown over and I had to do some extra tying in of the climbers on the trellis. Otherwise no damage as far as I can see.
The wild weather put me in the mood for soup so I've made a big pot of hearty soup. The usual ingredients; cabbage, potatoes, onions, bacon, tomatoes and lentils. By the time we eat the last portions everything has cooked down and I call it 'Pizza Soup' as with added grated cheese it has the flavours of pizza just without the crust.
I spent the afternoon finishing off the door curtain, finally. I think my back was made worse by the amount of bending over to pin and cut the fabric so today I did my best to work sitting down. I had hoped to knock up a couple of covers for some of the chair cushions but that'll have to wait for another day.

Yesterday evening a couple of kite surfers were out for a while and today another two were out taking advantage of the strong winds. Not for beginners I think.


 

No comments: