Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 10 May 2021

Windy.

Warm and windy with the occasional very brief shower.
Got one sheet and one of the smaller white curtains washed and ironed. Both are possible candidates for the lining of the next set of curtains. The second window in the study is very wide so a lot of fabric will be needed. I'm listening to the news from parliament and it seems restrictions in England will be lifted from 17th May including having visitors in your house rather than just outside and even having people to stay. Although that doesn't apply to Wales we generally follow England's lead. Better get on with those curtains. But to be sensible it would be best to wait until all of us have had our vaccinations. 
Also heard on the radio is a fuss over who paid for our Prime Minister's holiday to Mustique last year. More shocking to me is the fact that the 10 day holiday cost £15K. (not including flights) No wonder he hasn't got a clue about the lives and needs of ordinary people.
Today I cut the fabric for the curtains and after consulting YouTube did a pretty good job of pattern matching if I say so myself. The video I watched showed how to pattern match without any pressing or pining but I didn't trust myself that far and pressed and pined first That was after I'd shut Speedy in the bedroom as he kept rolling around in the fabric under the ironing board. 
Peter took the car down for a full service this morning. He's just come back and almost everything has been done. Peter needs to get two new tyres tomorrow and the car is booked in next week for new brake cylinders (but it's perfectly safe to drive). 
Sad news, local lifeboat crews (not Borth) went out yesterday to rescue a kayaker who'd been caught in a rip. He was taken to the hospital but sadly did not make it. This was off Tywyn, a resort that we can see further along the coast. Goes to show how dangerous the sea can be even in the local bay.
 

No comments: