Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 9 May 2021

Warm.

The wind has swung round to the south-west and is bringing welcome warmth. Still a very grey sea and sky with the occasional patch of blue. The sun made a few appearances towards the evening but no dramatic sunset.
While the sea reflected the grey sky the strong swell developed into some good surf. That must have made the crowd of weekend surfers happy. 
This morning Peter and I worked together to put up a mirror in the toilet. The original mirror was a very small one but the builders saved all the mirrors that had been up on the walls and I replaced it with a generously sized one from our stock in the garage.  
Before settling down to more sewing I went into the back garden to check on the plants. From worrying that the pots were drying out after weeks of almost no rain in just a couple of days everything was now standing in inches of water. Water dealt with and a few rogue weeds dispatched my attention turned to the inner door to the utility which had a habit of closing with a loud bang. Not sure if that was due to the glass panels in the door or the newly constructed frame I thought I might be able to do something about it. Handily there was a roll of soft rubber draught excluder with which I lined the door frame. That stopped the banging but you also couldn't shut the door so that the latch clicked into place. A little experimenting resulted in just a small amount of draught excluder at the bottom of the door frame to deaden the bang and the door can be shut with a little extra force.
And then I finished off the curtain alterations. One more window to go.


 

No comments: