Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 30 May 2021

A Scorcher.

Last night we had the most glorious sunset which went from gold through to orange then red. Even after the sun had sunk below the horizon the mackerel sky clouds were dappled pink but my camera couldn't capture their lovelieness.
True enough the day has been hot and sunny. No good for me but lovely for all the visitors. The lifeboat station now has a page giving meterological details and it showed the temperature at 24C/75F. Sunburn weather! The beach and the water were busy all day. When I looked down the beach to Ynyslas the beach there was as busy as Woolacombe on a sunny day. The lifeboat went out in the afternoon to two paddleboarders who were being taken out by the tide but by the time they got there the SUPs had almost made it back to shore.
My first job of the day was to finish off the curtains for my study. It's so nice to be able to see out. As I'd planned I moved the pitcher plants to that window to be away from any radiators. The third one has woolly aphids so it's outside for the time being after a spray with insecticide. Now I'll have to find the rest of my blue glass collection.
The sitting room window has a new look too with the sculpture of two white doves which have acquired some brown stone 'eggs'.
With all the recent rain the grass in the front garden is growing fast so I got out the mower and mowed two curving paths through the wild flower meadow. I don't plan to get rid of the grass until next year.
I covered up when I did the mowing and used factor 50 on my face just to be safe. Once that was done we sat out on the terrace, Peter in the sun and me in the shade and when the shade disappeared I moved into the doorway. I cheered myself up by looking forward to many more days like this and I may even be tempted to head down for a swim or bodyboarding session.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice job on the curtains - looks lovely.
Wow that sure is a fantastic sunset!!!