Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 17 May 2021

Sunny.

A turnaround in the weather today which has been bright and sunny with only a slight nip in the wind.
Peter twisted awkwardly in the night and now his rib is a lot more painful. One good thing is that two of his fellow crew members are nurses and advised him about the signs to look for (which he hasn't had) which might indicate a more serious injury. I'm afraid Peter does have a tendency to think the worst (in common with many men?) so this has reassured him. 
The car had to go to the mechanic this morning to have the brake cylinders (?) changed so that became my job. Not exactly a chore when I got to walk along the beach dropping the car off and then collecting it later in the day. I also stopped at the pharmacy to pick up my prescription and then at the shop for some of their tasty rye bread.
I was a bit naughty and walked towards this group of gulls to get them to take to the air for a flying photo.
In the morning I made some new wedges to hold the panel in the the garden wall in place and gave it a second coat of paint. The hole at the bottom is for hedgehogs and I will make a way down on this side. The ground on the other side is much higher than in the garden. The plant trays are full of water again but instead of bailing out the water I simply lifted out all the pots. Makes the place look messy but less bother.
With the car down at the garage and the panel painted my thoughts turned to the second blind for our bedroom. Actually putting the blind up is only a small part of the job but the main effort is moving the furniture out of the way, taking everything off the window sill, wiping off all the dust and then replacing everything. I did all the moving stuff away part, marked up for a couple of the fittings and then went to check the 'not in the middle' mark for the third fitting. That was when I discovered that the blind was bent and not in a place that could easily be bent back but on the bar that slots into the fittings ....... or not in this case. Photos have been taken and sent off to the company I bought the blinds from who to be fair were very good about sending a replacement for the sitting room blind that arrived damaged. So back went everything in its place after being wiped down and a thorough cleaning of that corner of the bedroom. While I was on a cleaning spree I cleaned the shower tray leaving a pleasant hint of bleach in the room.

Having done all that and then collected the car there was still time for an hour's sitting out on the terrace being mesmerised by the waves rolling in and amused by the antics of the surfers. 


 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hope Peter's rib heals quickly! Yes, men seem to do that. :)