Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 25 May 2021

Bright.

It's been a sunny day with just a few very light showers. Any time I looked out of the kitchen window there was a major gathering of dark clouds over the mountains. No sun for anyone there today.

Speedy this morning enjoying the warmth of the radiator. He knows that he's not allowed on the table. If we see him on the table he gets shouted at and/or poked with a finger until he moves back to the window or the radiator if he feels in need of a warm up.
Peter had to go out this morning so I took the opportunity to go and do some work in the back garden. He tends to get concerned if he sees me doing manual work as he knows how easily I can overdo things and cause my back and ribs to flare up. But I'm a stubborn old woman and if the work needs doing then I'll do it. I used the trolley to bring through bucketfuls of gravel which I put in the raised bed before topping off with compost. I got about a third of the bed done and was able to plant one more clematis and a pot of garlic chives which I split into three. It was a pleasant surprise to see one of the other clematis already flowering.
I saw the lifeboat going out at midday. Training is usually on Sundays so I wonder if they were on a shout. They came back two hours later though they waited on the water for a long time before taking the lifeboat back to the station. Later this evening, as we were eating supper we saw them out again and to our surprise they headed to the base of the cliff at the bottom of the garden. Even though I wanted to know what they were doing I refrained from going out to look in case they had found something. Nothing has come up on FB either on the local group page or the lifeboat page or the local news.
In the afternoon I got on with my curtain making. First I screwed in the smallest size of cup hooks into the window frames. These were to support some long wooden dowl on to which I intended to thread the curtains. I measured and pinned very carefully so was surprised to find the curtain sitting very unevenly when I hung it up. It took me a while to realise that the handle of the small top window was pushing at the curtain causing it to rise up. I had to re-pin the curtain in situ to get it level, talk about made-to-measure. I finally got the first curtain done and the tatty plastic table cover off.

 

No comments: