Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 21 May 2021

Gales.

Gale force winds and heavy rain continued through the night and day. The current yellow wind weather warning is up to 9.00 this evening and there are now 20 yellow flood warnings in Wales but none in the immediate vicinity.
In the morning I drove to town to do the shopping. I went along the main roads in case there were branches or even trees down on the back road which is much prettier. After a quick spin around Lidl I drove over to Tesco's to look for a few things. Also I was clutching a money off if I spent £30 on clothes voucher but at the very most there were only two pairs of leggings I liked. That's another thing I miss about Devon, the much better range of clothes in the supermarkets. Some people turn their noses up at supermarket clothing but I find it fine for moderately priced basics. The rain was still heavy in town so instead of walking for five minutes from the multi-storey carpark I drove to park by Homewares. That's another budget shop which sell best/stickiest plasters that stay on even if you wash your hands. They sometimes have other useful things and today I found this basket which I think will be handy for carrying all the stuff we need - tablets, binoculars, glasses etc. when we sit out on the terrace. It's made of metal which is good for strength but I think it would be best to make a fabric liner to prevent scratches to the contents. 
With the gale raging outside I gave myself a easy afternoon unpicking the large curtain I washed the other day. I could probably get away with just cutting the curtain apart but I don't know exactly how much fabric I'll need for lengthening the curtains up at the French doors and the sheer curtains for my study. Not only that but I find it's a very relaxing activity.
 

No comments: