Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 7 May 2021

Sunny.

Sunny and a little warmer today.
With rain forecast for the weekend after an hour of unpicking the curtain tape from  one of the old curtains (the two pairs don't match and they're now going on one window) I decided to head out into the garden. The recent rain made it a lot easier to dig up the few brambles popping out of the ground where I'd failed to get all the roots out first time round. Then I began emptying more planters- weeds into a bag for the dump and soil into the dumpy bag. After which there was a pile of soil etc in the corner of the paving that also needed sorting out.
I was taking a break to take photos of Peter out rowing when I spotted the blackbirds drinking and then having a bath in the water I'd put out for them. With the sea nearby it's easy to forget that the wildlife needs fresh water. Later I replaced the large stone with some smaller pebbles to give the blackbirds more room for bathing.
Peter went off for his row in the afternoon. I thought it would be easy to spot him in his red jacket (above). Then after rowing for a while he took off his jacket and was the only one not in red.
When he came home we sat out for a long time though it's not quite warm enough to eat our supper outside.  Right now the sunset is beautifully pink and streaky (my camera doesn't pick up the pink).
A Welsh poppy showing the effect of the recent drop in temperature. The white blossom on my neighbours' tree has shrivelled up and turned brown. Such a shame as it looked so nice against the blue sky.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

It's fun to watch birds in the water. :)