Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 24 May 2021

Wet.

Grey and very wet for most of the day and then suddenly late in the afternoon it brightened up.
The heavy rain was the perfect accompaniment to a day spent unpicking the curtain and at last that job is done. To see how it would look I took down the plastic from one of the study windows and taped up the muslin and it looks fine. I've just checked the letterbox and found the cuphooks to hold the dowl have arrived so maybe tomorrow I'll be making and putting up the muslin curtains. After that, who knows? I may even be moving my pc into my study soon. 
While I was busy unstitching in the afternoon I heard a loud bang which I thought was Peter opening our metal garage door. I looked out of the front door but there was nothing to be seen. From the replies to an enquiry on the local page it seems that the Bomb Squad were down by the sand dunes so the best guess is they were blowing up more ordnance. Better not poke any metal objects when we walk on the dunes.
No doubt that once it warms up after all this rain the garden is going to burst into life. I can't wait to see how it will look now that the hedges have been tamed and the brambles removed.
There are a lot of self-seeded aquilegias in the back and front garden and I'm pleased that there are a lot of the dark purple ones and some white ones.

 

No comments: