Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 16 May 2021

Showers Followed By Sun.

It's been a day with two kinds of weather at the same time as illustrated by the photo below. Out to sea was a blue sky with fluffy clouds over blue water while inland the clouds had gathered together to drop rain over the hills. 
During the morning we had some heavy showers which died out by later in the afternoon.
Peter's ribs were sore this morning but so far there's no sign of an arthritic attack for which we are truly thankful. He had to cancel his rowing for today then in the end the increasing swell caused the row to be called off anyway. Lots of swell turned into decent surf for all the happy surfers.
My ribs too were not good this morning so I found myself some admin to do followed by small jobs around the kitchen. I tried out some frozen Greek hazelnut pastries from Lidl which turned out well following which I cleaned the oven. I had almost finished using the green scourer on the metal shelves and the side supports which pop off the oven sides when I realised I could make the job a lot easier by first soaking the whole lot in our extra big sink with a couple of dish washer tablets. Will try and remember to do that next time. I also changed over the curtains up at the side window in the sitting room. I'd put the off-white colour of the curtains I'd first put up down to the way the light was going through the fabric. Only today did I think to look at the last set of curtains I had and was surprised to find that they were a brighter white. The fabric was a different width too so either I'd mistakenly bought off-white instead of bright white (I do remember there being as choice,) or those curtains had yellowed with age. At least now the white ones are in place. Then with the afternoon turning sunny Peter and I sat outside for an hour watching the surfers and paddleboarders. 
Finally before supper I popped out to the back garden and painted the wooden panel in the end wall. There had only been two choices of blue garden paint and the one I chose is remakably similar to the colour I chose for the toilet walls. Basically what I'd call Wedgewood blue though the garden paint is 'Cornflower'.

 

No comments: