Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 3 May 2021

Bank Holiday Gales.

The gale arrived mid-morning and by the afternoon was here in full spate.
The rain had just begun when Peter took the car down to the mechanic to have a strange noise checked. Between them they think it's something that needs tightening or replacing. However both of them had forgotten that today is Bank Holiday Monday, a day off for nearly everybody. That's the trouble when you're retired, each day is much the same especially with clubs and things closed due to lockdown. 
With the gale blowing outside I had a peaceful time pinning and sewing the door curtain. After careful consideration I decided to keep the seagull border as it ties in well with the window curtain without being too twee. At least in my opinion. All that remains to do is to pin and hand sew the lining to the main fabric down the sides which is about 12 ft. A good thing I like hand sewing.
Peter and decided to head out for a 'storm walk' and wrapped up as best as we could against the weather. Unfortunately with stuff still packed away I didn't have any waterproof over trousers and although my coat comes down to my knees the rain soaked my leggings and ran down into my wellies. With my safety glasses and a neck warmer pulled up over my face I was generally protected but occasionally the rain was blown against my skin and it really hurt. The wind was ferocious, something that didn't seem to deter the two surfers bottom right in the above photo. (It's nearly 6.00 and it's brightening up with a patch of blue up above but the surfers have sensibly gone home.) Just been out and the rain has stopped though the wind is still blowing wildly.
Arriving home wet round the edges I headed straight for a nice hot shower. Then for some reason, forgetting that I really needed to sit down and rest, I decided to bake an apple cake. I looked on-line for a recipe, just for the amounts as I find that for a loaf cake mix-it-all-together works fine. It's come out of the oven and needs to cool down before we can taste test it. And my back is really hurting.




 

No comments: