Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 31 May 2021

Hazy.

A lot more haze today keeping the temperature down, though still 23C according to the Lifeboat page. 
The pair of dolphins were back again this morning and we saw them right inshore as we ate our breakfast delighting us and a couple of families out walking on the cliff. That was followed by ten Canada geese flying in a line over the sea towards the wetlands.
And what a day it's been. I had my 'emergency dental appointment at 12.40 so first thing this morning, as instructed I telephoned the dental practice to confirm things. Or at least I tried to. I got nothing but their answerphone on each occasion so in the end I twice left my details and went off to town anyway. Got to the surgery to find no-one apart from the young girl who should have had the appointment before mine still waiting on the pavement. There was a number on the door to ring to be let in which she'd already tried several times. After one more time, also fruitless, I rapped loudly on the glass window as we could see somebody cleaning? inside. but no response so in the end we left. Back home I rang NHS Direct, waited, answered more questions, several times and got no further than an apology. The trouble is the dentists don't really want to do the emergency NHS work and are only interested in charging for private work. Now I've got to phone the Booking Dept. tomorrow morning to arrange a new appointment. Somehow I doubt it will be nearby or before Friday so I guess I'll be paying for private treatement on Friday. Thank goodness the toothache is being kept bearable with my strong painkillers.
I called in at Lidl where I'd parked the car and bought myself a few treats, but not ice-cream, as well as some basic shopping.
At home after my phone calls were done I sat in the shade enjoying the fresh air. As the sun travelled across the sky I was forced further and further off the terrace and back into the sitting room. Speedy also likes being out in the sun and yesterday I noticed that the white half of his ear was looking rather pink. To prevent any further damage I applied factor 50 suncream, a children's version which stays blue so you can see where it has gone on. He wasn't impressed and I now have a couple of small scratches on my hand.
'Our' blackbird likes to sing from the top of our neighbour's old tv ariel. Today he had a most disgusting beakful of large worms but he still sang though it was a bit muted. Out on the water the rowing club were out again. The fancy boat with fishermen on board received our disapproval earlier when they reversed the boat near the shore where it was full of kids swimming (on this side of where the rowers are in the photo). They backed in slowly but even so I wouldn't have thought that was at all safe.
Yesterday evening we were treated to a sun dog, caused by ice crystals in the clouds. 

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

How frustrating for you with the dentist. Hope things get sorted out soon.