Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 July 2024

A Beach Walk.

The weather was quite grim in the morning, improved gradually over the day and there was even sun and warmth by the end of the afternoon.
I was up early and had to sit inside the door with my tea to avoid the frequent showers that I watched blowing in across the bay.
My plan for the day was to make some chocolate truffles for an upcoming birthday. For that I need to buy some cream at the shop which was the perfect excuse for a walk along the beach.
The tide was out far enough for me to walk under the cliffs and have a bit of fun rock pooling.
One large pool had an unusual number of periwinkles.


Further along on the wet sand were a lot of jellyfish.
There were the common moon jellyfish (about the size of a small orange) and the larger compass jellyfish, (the one below is upside down.)
And just a couple of blue jellyfish which though not as bad as a Portuguese man-of-war still sting.
Refreshed by my walk I made three kinds of truffle with almonds, crystallised ginger and salted caramel pieces. Usually I decorate each kind differently but this time they are all just dipped in chocolate. It will be like a lucky dip selection or Bertie Botts jelly beans ( Harry Potter) though of course there are no unpleasant ones. After dipping the truffles in melted chocolate there was enough chocolate left for me to experiment. I added a generous dollop of double cream and an even more generous splash or two of Baileys and then put the resultant ganache in chocolate moulds. - I've just tried one and although they haven't set hard enough to be called chocolates it still tasted very nice. I suppose I could put them in the freezer and buy more chocolate to coat them with or I could just eat them.
The beach walk wasn't my only foray out. First thing in the morning I had rung the surgery and been given an appointment for the afternoon. I just wanted some reassurance that the latest aches and pains along with more palpitations weren't something to worry about. I only got to see the nurse practitioner, she has a different title but I think that's what she is. I wasn't convinced by being told that the palpitations are probably due to me worrying but at least she took a blood sample to rule out heart failure and I will have a 24 hour ECG. That won't be for a couple of weeks as the surgery only has one monitor left and I have to wait my turn.
And of course being Wednesday I have spent the evening singing with the choir. More practising the songs for Sing For Water which we will be doing the weekend after next.
 

No comments: