Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 18 July 2024

Peach Cake.

A very warm overcast day today. It got very hot down at the community gardens but later in the afternoon it was just above body temperature with a light breeze that gently brushed over my arms.
I cycled down to the gardens and although I'm not back to where I was last year I was able to go further up the uphill sections than I did yesterday. That's progress as far as I'm concerned. We weeded in the vegetable plot and rewarded ourselves with a peach cake with a crunchy almond topping.
When I returned home peter and I made a start on deciphering the freezer's pictures only instructions for changing the door. Having worked out that we needed to lay the freezer down on its back, not an easy job for us oldies Peter managed to persuade me that the door didn't need to be changed over. It was then just a matter of trying to level up the freezer which took thin pieces of laminate flooring board and two plastic plant markers. Not being good with change at any time I'm not thrilled with the slightly larger size of the freezer which sits awkwardly by the back door and has made it even harder to get into two of the cupboards. But as the only two solutions are to either put it in the garage/workshop (too dusty and dirty) or to move the back door to the middle of the wall (too expensive), I'll have to put up with it. (Though I might ask the builder, when we eventually see him what the cost of moving the door would be.)
For the rest of the afternoon I sat outside enjoying the warmth and doing some sewing (alterations) and soon I'll be off to aerobics.
 
I'm sure I saw all three of the seagull chicks on the 'wrong' flat roof this morning.

Later on when the parent bird came to feed them there were only two. Maybe the third has already fledged?


No comments: