Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 July 2024

Wet.


Today has been cloudy, very warm and frequently very wet. Luckily it didn't start raining this morning until I'd had time to drink my cuppa outside.
(Oh dear, I see there's been another update and changes to the layout of the menu for inserting photos. What is this obsession with constant change? I'm sure it's simply so that the programme writers can justify their jobs.) 
I didn't think it was worth going to the zoo so after the usual jobs and some piano practice I did some more work on sorting out the utility room. What that meant was going through a pile of stuff in one corner and turning it into lots of smaller piles across the floor. But they were tidy piles. Some of those piles have already been dealt with and the rest put away for the time being. A few more sessions like that and I'll be ready to build some shelves inside a currently empty cupboard.
Whenever it looked as if it was going to be dry for a while I escaped outside for a bit of gardening. In the back garden there were a lot of plants growing up between the paving slabs and while I like the overflowing with flowers (Welsh poppy, aquilegia, knautia and valerian) look it gets to a point where there will be a million seeds for every square inch of soil and walking after the rain becomes a soggy experience. So for the time being I have pulled up everything that was growing between the slabs.
It's back to Pilates this week and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay dry for walking down to the Hall.

No comments: