Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 24 July 2024

Wet.

A mix of light rain, heavy rain and sometimes but not often - no rain.
I've been up and down the road a number of times today. First time was right down to the surgery to be fitted with a 24 hour ECG monitor to see why my heart thumps at random times usually when I'm sitting down. I was told to keep on with my normal routine but today is one of the few days when I have nothing active planned. I decided to at least go for a cliff walk and having given up waiting for the rain to stop went off in the drizzle in the afternoon. 
The other trips down the road were to the boat park to measure up the boat and make a template for the thingy that goes at the front of a gondola. I took paper and scissors down with me and then Gill, who manages the RNLI shop gave me some big pieces of card. Having made a template I used it on a piece of old hardboard then when the rain wasn't too bad went down to check it on the boat before taking it home and painting it white. I've also cut out some large cardboard pieces to make the gondola seat etc. and painted them white too. I found a large tin of white paint that doesn't smell too good but I'm sure is okay for temporary carnival stuff.
When Peter said he was going into town I caved in and asked him to buy that red curtain for my carnival costume so that I don't have to look like a Disney princess.  
I thought the seagull fledgling had gone this morning as it was very quiet first thing but it's still around. Down on the beach many young seagulls have joined the general crowd of herring gulls, lesser black backed gulls and black headed gulls. 


It was good to get out for a cliff walk despite the light drizzle. I managed to set my heart pounding by the time I'd walked up to the Monument but that was all even though I went down to the beach at Aberwennol, the next cove along which of course meant coming back up again. I had a stroll along the shingle at Aberwennol and fortunately I wasn't near the cliff edge when there was a small rockfall. One rock was double the size of a loaf of bread which would have done some damage if it had hit anyone.

No comments: