Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 12 July 2024

Grey.

Cool and grey today but generally dry.
After weeks of spending the whole of our riding lessons working in trot today we were cantering. I was riding Margaret who to say the least is a bit lively when it comes to cantering which was great fun. Unfortunately I tensed up a little to begin with which sent Margaret going sideways so that took some sorting out. By the end of the lesson she was going very well. Although there were seven of us in the lesson we managed to avoid each other as we cantered half circles around different sets of cones laid out across the school.
Afterwards it was the usual routine of; the dump to leave more garden waste, Morrisons, Charlies and Lidl. I didn't bother walking into town as I shall be there tomorrow for Sing For Water.
 
In Charlies I succumbed to this bowl like planter made out of a clay/fibreglass mix. It has a slight bronze burnish which gives it a bit of an oriental feel and I love the shape. It is just right for the sedum I bought recently. This sedum is a bigger version of the purple leaved ground cover one I already have.

Once home I had a rest before walking to the local primary school for their summer fair. A very low key event but I played a game, won some toffees and handed over an ORT reading book (in Welsh) which I found at a charity shop even though it was clearly stamped with the school's name. 
  

No comments: