Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 July 2024

Mae Hi'n Bwrw Glaw.

 [my heen booroo gl-ow] Which means - It is raining, something it's been doing all afternoon.

We drove to Mach this morning to revise our Welsh in the library. They had forgotten to put out the reserved sign on the table we usually sit at (it's only a tiny library) and a chap had his stuff on the table while he charged up his phone. The other table was at the far end of the library next to the computers and as we began sorting ourselves out a girl working on one of the computers asked if we could possibly move to the sofas in another corner of the library. She must have realised we were going to be noisy. We know we're a noisy bunch and began to decamp by which time the chap had moved his stuff from the original table so we went back to our usual places.  I think we must have driven the chap away as he left his phone charging and went off for a wander around Mach. Anne and Elaine are doing an on-line revision class which unfortunately clashes with my Pilates so we went over the course unit they will be revising. It was good for all of us to do and they should be star pupils tomorrow.

Afterwards I had my usual charity shop wander, found nothing this time but I did hand over a bag of stuff from here. It was only raining lightly when we got home so I was able to plant out the lettuces that I had grown on the windowsill. Two thirds have gone in the ground each protected (possibly) from the slugs by a plant pot with the base cut off. This is something they do at the community gardens so maybe it will work. The other third have been potted on into small pots and placed outside on the wall hopefully away from the slugs and snails. I also took some silver thyme cuttings and sowed seeds from the nicest of my blue grasses, I think it's Festuca intense blue, currently growing well in the back garden. It's very silvery and would look good in the front garden shingle. Plus I know my neighbour would like some.
  
It was too wet for more photos so here are a few from yesterday's sunset. I've chosen the more natural lighter pictures rather than the dramatically red ones my camera also gave me.
 
-Anyone else having problems with the new way of uploading photos? I can only do one at a time and they arrive on the blog uncentred.

No comments: