Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 20 July 2024

Very Wet.

We had our two days of summer and now we are back to lots of rain. At least it has been very warm but that has made it quite humid.
No very early start for me this morning though I did manage a short time outside before the rain began.
 
The young seagulls looked to be worn out too while down on the water other fledged seagulls were practising landings and take-offs on the water.

My day has been spent on carnival costumes. First I went up in the loft and brought down any fabrics (I have stashes everywhere) that I thought might work for my costume.
Next step was to make a hooped underskirt using an old sheet and my hula-hoop. Speedy thought he would help me and ended up being such a nuisance that I had to shut him in the utility room.
Eventually I got the skirt made. I may add a bustle underneath to create more of a 17thC outline. Once that was done I did some draping and the red voile curtains and a light purple sheet should enough to make an over skirt and fancy headgear. Having looked at more pictures on-line I've decided to stay with the whole face mask and stick lots of decorations on it. It's the blank white masks that are too scary.


No comments: