Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 July 2024

Cake & Cultivate.

The day began by looking quite grey with a warm wind blowing. It stayed dry and by late afternoon the sun had reappeared.
I've had a busy day starting with a walk down to the surgery to hand in the 24 hour ECG. Naturally I had had fewer incidents of palpitations but at least last night I was woken half an hour after falling asleep by the usual thumping. That often happens and is very annoying. At my last appointment the nurse kept saying that the palpitations were probably due to being anxious but I'm not sure how I can be anxious when I'm sleeping. The nurse this morning (a different one) said I'd get a phone call to let me know the results one way or another but of course they phoned when I was out and although they said they would phone later they never did. I do dislike waiting for a phone call and then when they don't even phone .... 
Next on my list of jobs was giving the cardboard for the carnival another coat of paint after which it was time to go down to the community gardens. I drove rather than cycled in case it rained plus I was feeling a bit weary. I brought along a bag of seeds that I had collected from the Welsh poppies in my garden and scattered them along the main track and in the wildflower bed that was sown this year.
 

The wildflower bed.

Because pesticides are not allowed some people grow companion plants among their vegetables while others grow flowers simply for their beauty. There are a number of overgrown and neglected plots too. After trimming around the benches by the watershed we chatted and enjoyed delicious blondies made with blackcurrants from the garden.
Next on my list of things to do was to use the curtain that Peter bought for me to make the skirt of my Venetian carnival costume. It was only a single curtain and though wide wasn't quite sufficient to go over the hooped underskirt, hula hoops are a lot bigger than I thought. Luckily the curtain was very long and the excess was enough to make an extra panel. Now the skirt is done and looks so much better than my first attempt.
Last of all was disco aerobics, the final session for the summer. Numbers were down a bit as a lorry had overturned on the main road to Aberystwyth causing long tailbacks so some people gave up and went home. 


No comments: