Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 7 September 2024

Fun on the Water.

Once again it has been a warm day but very hazy and overcast all through the day. (The photo below was taken at 8.30 this morning.)
When Peter came home from the dump yesterday he mentioned that there was a mirror I might be interest in there in the re-sale area. I didn't have much hope that it would still be there today but as I wanted to go to Screwfix to collect the door handle he had ordered for the gate I thought I'd take a look and as you can see I bought it. For the grand sum of £5. Initially I was thinking about putting it in the 'blue loo' but have now decided it would be better on the wall in my study. That way I can keep my eyes open for a better mirror for the toilet.


My next stop was in town where once again I took the picture mount to the framers to order a replacement only to find the framers still closed. As I walked along the street there were smiles on some people's faces as they glanced at me with the mount slung over my shoulders. One German lady asked me if it was my birthday, she must have thought it was a celebratory sash. I in turn had to smile when I found myself walking behind a young woman carrying a cockatiel in a backpack like the one above. Was she giving it a change of scenery or maybe going to the vet? I'd never seen anything like it before.
I did some shopping in Lidl before returning home where I rubbed down yesterday's painting and gave the door and frame a second coat of white gloss. Just the blue to do and to put the new door handles on.
Once that was done I sat out on the terrace watching all the various ways that people had of enjoying the calm sea conditions.

How many people can you get on a stand up paddleboard?

None, if you swim behind while your friends tow it with their inflatable canoe.
One, if you stand up and paddle while a couple of chaps sensibly drive their jet skis beyond the marker buoys.
Four, if you and a mate want to impress your friends.
Six or even seven if you're younger still and having fun.
Never mind an SUP, how about an inflatable sofa towed by a boat with a motor? Or if you want to work hard a Celtic longboat?

No comments: