Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 6 September 2024

Warm.

We've had the strangest weather today. Strange in that there has been a warm wind blowing from the south east taking the temperature up to 24C /75F in the shade. It was lovely. Later in the day a light haze cooled things down but it then warmed up again and even now at 6.00 families are still out in the sea (bottom photo).
This was perfect weather for painting the first coat of white gloss on the door frame and the inside of the door. I could almost get away with just one coat but for durability against the sea winds I'll give it a second coat.
Once the painting was done and the washing hung on the line I thought I might as well enjoy the lovely weather and sit outside. Unfortunately that was not long before it began to cloud over and our neighbour began to trim all his hedges with a very noisy hedge cutter. A good time to go back inside and do more work on the notes for my journal. 
I made good progress with that though there is still a way to go. My fault for not keeping it up to date on a more regular basis.

As well as all the bees and hoverflies I was excited to see a couple of dragon flies visiting the garden. I love the shadow of this common darter on one of the garden stones.


No comments: