Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 25 November 2009

Costumes Galore.

It rained a bit today! My class had walked to the local secondary school for a PE festival but I had to remain in school for a multi agency annual review of a child in my class. By the time we were ready to walk over there was a loud thunderstorm and very heavy rain. Somehow, hailstones were being blown in through the 'sun' (sky) lights, water was building up by the kitchen door threatening to flood the building and it would have been ridiculous to venture out.
Luckily the rain did ease off and we were able to walk over having first kitted out the child with us in wellington boots. Over at Chaddiford Lane 300+ 5 & 6 year olds were doing all sorts of PE activities in a large echoing sports hall supervised by the older school children. Our children had a very enjoyable time and it is good to have links with the school most of them will be going to in 5 years time.
Being Wednesday it was PPA time again for Chris and myself. There is not so much planning to do as we move towards the end of term so I took the opportunity to make 15 rats' tails for my dancers. There was much debate in the staff room whether rats' tails should be pink or black. Even consulting google images did not give a definitive answer. I decided to stick with my original fabric which was a little too pink, and drew black felt pen lines on the tails to make them look more ratty. The whole school is in costume mode as we always make the costumes and accessories rather than ask the parents and only ask the parents to provide some basic clothing eg my stars need white t-shirts and shorts and the rats need black shorts, ( we have a costume stock of black leotards and t-shirts). That way no child is left out if the parents are unable or unwilling to make a costume.

No comments: