Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 12 November 2009

A Painted Lady.

This is the very edge of Barnstaple near the hospital. I object to paying to park in the hospital car park which used to be free and instead park in a nearby road 5 mins walk away.
On the other side of the road is open countryside, my way home lies over theses hills. It was a very successful visit to the physiotherapist. The poor man listened to the tangled web of my aches and pains and then said the same as my GP and the consultant, ie that it is not a shoulder problem but a neck problem. 3 months I had treatment with the previous guy and he never picked up on that! I have some exercises to do and another appointment next week.
After the hospital I popped over to Sainsburies where I was distracted by a Painted Lady butterfly fluttering around the aisles. I turned on my camera but it didn't settle anywhere. We've had some very heavy rain today though it wasn't that cold. I've been really tired today as following the old physio's advice I tried going to sleep without the painkillers. Not a good idea as my arm got so bad that I needed to wait until I could take a second dose of painkillers before I could sleep. Doing parent interviews on only a few hours of sleep was wearing, especially as the last parents didn't turn up even though we waited half an hour for them. Never mind, tomorrow is Friday.

4 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Ruta; I hope you will have a restful weekend... I will be keeping you in my Prayers for your pain to go away so you can get some well needed rest...

Hugs;
Alaura

happyone said...

You have such beautiful countryside to drive through on your way to work!
Still raining here as well! I could do with a bit of sunshine.
Hope you can get a good nights sleep without pain.

Ruta M. said...

Thanks for the kind words, This new physio is much more sensible and said that we tend to under medicate pain and that if I'm in pain I shouldn't hesitate to take the strong painkillers. Nice man.

Domestic Executive said...

Great news you are making progress with those aches and pains. I think that physio wasn't up to the job which is no consolation to you but I'm glad you're on the right track now. JT