Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 November 2009

Elwen Sneaks Out.

The sun made a few appearances today. It wasn't as cold first thing in the morning, no frost and if you were out in the sunshine it was positively warm. In the late afternoon the sun bathed the trees and the junior school playing field in a golden light.

Just visible over the trees are the spires of Pilton Church which we shall be visiting tomorrow morning. As long as it isn't raining it is a pleasant walk up Pilton High Street with only 2 small roads to cross. Even so the risk assessment runs to 2 pages.

7 of my class were away today and 1 is a confirmed case of swine flu. The classroom seemed empty with only 23 children. The children had a fun afternoon going around the school looking for lights in the environment. I was based in the 'dark room' where I had put up Christmas lights, fibre optics and a glowing egg and I read the children stories by the light of a torch. ( It wasn't really that dark but it helped build up the atmosphere.) Back at home Peter had fun and games trying to take Elwen to the vet. She's been licking the fur off her tummy and is looking rather bare. It's probably fleas but although I've used the flea drops regularly and have sprayed the carpets etc she continues to lick and the only time it got better was when I put a 'bucket' on her head. Peter made an appointment and 5 mins before he was due to leave she was sleeping in the kitchen, he went upstairs to put some shoes on and by the time he came downstairs she'd sneaked out of a window and didn't return for 2 hours, too late for the vets'. He'll put her in the carry cage a lot earlier tomorrow as she does need to be seen. That's almost as good as the time when I had to take her brother, Patch to the vet. I bundled him into the cage, drove down to the vets' and sat there thinking how small and pathetic he looked away from his home envionment. Only then did I realise I'd got Elwen who although being his twin is about half the size. Luckily there was just enough time for me to nip home and swap cats.

No comments: