Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 6 November 2009

Friday At Last.

This was the view as I left school this evening, looking across to the junior school ( a completely separate establishment to our infants' school.


A much better composition but rather too blurry. It's hard to hold the camera still for 2 seconds without a tripod and a cable release. My only solution is to jam myself up against a wall and try to hold the camera as still as possible. I'll have to keep on practising.

We've been focusing on characters and settings this week and it was rather gratifying when one of my much less able kids looked at the back of the story book that I was reading them and pointed to an illustration, asking " Are those the characters? " Success. The children have been playing with their torches in a 'Dark Area' and today there was much screaming and activity as they played 'Zombies'. Um, hopefully the excitement will wear off and they'll think of more savoury adventures to have in the dark. Monday and Thursday after school are parent interviews with Thursday being the late day going up to 8.00. I always stay at school when it is the late session as I couldn't bear the thought of going home for an hour and then having to come out again. Right now I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend once I've cleared my school paperwork. We're still having fairly wet weather though not as wild as in the middle of the week. I daren't risk any outdoor work yet but I expect I'll be doing more house tidying, a seemingly never ending job.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

I get very frustrated about night photography and have given up for a while. Although I have a tripod and remote I just seem to be able to get the settings on the camera right. It made me chuckle to think of you jammed up against the wall!