Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 4 November 2009

Wild, Wet And Windy.

This is the state of our drive after last night's rain. We had 2 cm of rain in short sharp bursts and the resulting accumulation of all the rain that falls on the hillside, gathers on the road and is channelled onto our land is a flipping nuisance. All the gravel and even small rocks end up in the yard. The only solution would be to concrete the drive and create a hard channel to take it into the stream. But that would be far too costly as whatever happens we will not be living here long term.

Some of those ruts were a good 8" deep. I didn't dare try raking though I did some pushing with my feet, so once more Linas had to be drafted in. When I arrived home this evening after yet another wet and windy day, he had already put up the boards and dams to divert the water.

After a lunchtime staff meeting where we were sorting out all the Christmas schedules, (there's the whole school play and a Nativity & carol concert at the local church as well fitting in the Christmas Fair, class parties and a puppet show), Chris and I had a planning afternoon and got lots of work done. I must remember to get up and go to work tomorrow morning, not just turn over for an extra snooze.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The rain sure made a mess out of your drive!!
You need a tractor!