Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 2 November 2009

A Flight Of Fancy.

I haven't managed to take a single picture today. I set off for work in the grey half-light and when I left school at 5.30 it was pitch black and raining. Nothing of note to say about work, many of the staff had their half-term holiday spoilt by a nasty sickness bug or bad cough, we do seem to be a poorly lot.
As I can't bear the thought of a post without some pictures follow me into my fantasy world - the place where my imagination takes me when I'm observing the beauties of nature. Here we have the ruins of an ancient city, nestled under towering crags. In the millenia that have passed since the heyday of this once noble civilisation, the city walls have crumbled and the fertile fields that spread out below them have dried up and become a barren wasteland. What natural catastrophe or attack by ravaging hordes has caused such utter desolation?
And on the coast little remains of what was once a bustling port. A few remnants of harbour walls that rang with the sounds of creaking wood and the crack of sails being readied for voyages across the treacherous seas. Barely discernible are the foundations of magnificent watch towers from whose summits blazed welcoming beacons. While in the background great mountain ranges sheltered these lands from the icy winds blowing down from the great ice cap..........

It's amazing how just a few feet of rock can lead to such overblown prose.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Its good to have an imagination. Have you though about writing a book! :-)