Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 November 2009

"This Bench Is Occupied."

Back down to cliff above Barricane beach to blow away the cobwebs with some sea air. We decided to head for this bench, handily placed for wave watching. I didn't notice the occupant of the bench until I had walked round it and yes, I did let out a girlie scream, (only a little one).
Closed inspection showed that this adder, (Britain's only poisonous snake) , was rather flattened and somewhat motionless. I guess it had been run over on the road and someone had put it on the bench for a joke. Well it fooled me.

Fortunately there was another bench just below the cliff edge. I was happily snapping away and exactly as happened the week before, my batteries ran out and I had to trek back up to the car to put my spare ones in, must remember to put the batteries in the charger tonight.






The wind wasn't as strong this week and the waves were coming in cleaner but as the tide was going out they didn't look that good for surfing.

Still there were some pretty waves.

Being by the sea is always so refreshing. After our walk we had a nice beef curry waiting for us at home. I'd bought a reduced joint of beef which Peter and Linas had prepared the night before and left cooking in the slow cooker. My job was to cook the rice and heat up the dal and naan. Then we headed into town to see 2012. We thoroughly enjoyed the film as the CGI was excellent and it was a good, well acted disaster movie.

4 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Eeeeek!

That's one amazing view from that bench.

Every day I drive Sophie to Kindi past rolling waves and think, 'I really should stop to take a photo'. Always makes me so happy to be by the sea.

I shall have to make it a mission to stop off and take some time to enjoy this week (that is when the crazy wind eases a little!).

happyone said...

Wow, what a great place to put a bench. Wonderful view.

Domestic Executive said...

That snake is gross - so pleased it wasn't alive. Fantastic pictures again. That curry sounded pretty good too, made me realise it's been a while since I cooked one.

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate information shared above. It’s of great help. If someone want to learn Online (Virtual) instructor lead live training in portfolio management black belt, kindly contact us http://www.maxmunus.com/contact
MaxMunus Offer World Class Virtual Instructor led training on portfolio management black belt. We have industry expert trainer. We provide Training Material and Software Support. MaxMunus has successfully conducted 100000+ trainings in India, USA, UK, Australlia, Switzerland, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Bahrain and UAE etc.
For Demo Contact us.
Nitesh Kumar
MaxMunus
E-mail: nitesh@maxmunus.com
Skype id: nitesh_maxmunus
Ph:(+91) 8553912023
http://www.maxmunus.com/