Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 27 November 2009

Decoration Time.

6.00 and pitch black as I drive home. We have had some torrential downpours today. One shower just before school started soaked children in a matter of minutes and some of my children could not resist playing in the puddles at playtimes. My classroom had a long washing line of trousers, socks and tights hanging up to dry . It was such a shame because today was a non-uniform day and of course the children had all dressed up in their favourite clothes and ended up wearing their pe kit. The temperature has plummeted and some of the showers were hail showers. We've got our heating on at home but the radiators in the sitting room have never worked. Peter has got someone lined up to give them a good blow out which would be good as we don't have much wood for burning at the moment.
Back at school we've started putting up Christmas displays etc. I wasn't going to decorate the class until after school on 30thbut as everyone else was putting up Advent calendars and decorations this evening I thought I'd follow their lead. I'll have to climb up into the loft this week-end and find the big bag of tinsel that I bought for school when our local cheap store was selling it off at 10p a strand.

No comments: