Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 8 November 2009

Sea Horses.

The sun was shining this morning as we set off after a hearty breakfast, for our usual wave watching walk at Barricane Beach.
The tide was just going out leaving a clean washed beach for us to explore.

It was very windy so I decided that I would try and capture the 'sea horses' being blown from the tops of the waves. My camera was being especially unco-operative in focusing and driving me mad so I have finally decided to invest in a new camera, one that actually focuses when I try and zoom in on a shot. If I do some research this week my local camera shop will match any internet price and I can try out the cameras before making a final decision. Peter will be on hand to advise and give the benefit of his professional experience. (You have to give the men something to do and he was a professional photographer.)

I was happy with this shot but it was the only one of the close ups that was in focus.

For the rest I had to stick to longer shots.

I do like the way the sun is sparkling on the sea here.

Rather blurry but great sea-horses.

Better, but too far out.
Back home it was more school work followed by a lovely Chinese meal cooked by Linas and now it's off to watch House and get an early night before another week of work begins.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Great shots of the sea. I like the one you called sparkly best. It looks like its very cold!!
Hope you find a camera to your liking.

Domestic Executive said...

I am very excited about you potentially getting a new camera - can't wait to see what you'll be able to do with a functioning focus.

Great snaps of the sea anyway.

Catching the Magic said...

Good luck with finding a new camera at the right price. Always a very exciting purchase. You have a wonderful eye for photography and I can imagine how frustrating it must be to see a scene but not be able to capture it to your hearts content.