Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 1 November 2009

Wave Watching.

The winds have changed direction and the temperature is dropping. We had heavy rain first thing and wild winds. As I watched from the warm comfort of my bed the leaves were being blown horizontally across the windows. We had been forewarned and so yesterday Linas and I put up the dams across the road to divert the water into my neighbour's field instead of washing away the drive. Midmorning Peter and I decided to go down to Woolacombe for a spot of wave watching. As we drove down there was a heavy shower but it dried up for our walk and there were even some patches of sunshine.
We parked on the same road but this time went down to Barricane Beach, another first visit. There are fewer steps down to the beach and lots of interesting rock formations.

We spent some time scrambling over the rocks exploring the rock pools.




There weren't too many people about, just a few families exercising the kids. I expect most of the half-term visitors will have headed home and it's just us lucky locals who get to enjoy the sea and beaches.
Back home I've sent off my CV to more schools, sorted out the last of my school work for the week and am about to unearth my sewing machine to finish altering a top I bought yesterday. I bought the top in a sale and I could see it had possibilities. First I spent quite a while unpicking some garish sequins that were splodged over the shoulders. Then I chopped about 6" off the bottom and it is all pinned and pressed ready to be sewn. Then hopefully I'll have a top I'm happy with.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

These pictures are so atmospheric. It made me want to jump in the car and see the sea.

Oh, on a completely unrelated point. SCD is a fiasco. I thought for a moment Len would make a casting vote to keep them both. Predictable though it's been brewing for a couple of weeks. Chris to win!