Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 11 March 2010

All Change In The Morning.

I drove to school this morning enjoying the first glimpses of sunshine after a frosty dawn. At school I stood in my classroom wondering how I was going to reschedule the morning's activities as the papier mache plates the children were going to paint were still very much at a paper mushy stage and needed serious drying before they could be painted, oops. That problem was taken out of my hands as I was then informed that I was needed to teach in another class as their teacher was ill. Quick change of room only to find that the class were due to go on a visit to the local church for a role play wedding. Oh and the photocopier was broken again so I needed to come up with some maths activities for the first half of the morning. Not too much of a problem as these were the children I had been teaching for the last 2 terms. It was like herding a flock of chattering sparrows as we walked 2 classes up Pilton High street, a far cry from the days when I was at boarding school and we walked in an almost silent crocodile for our Sunday afternoon constitutional. Our kids were really sweet as they acted out a traditional wedding especially as I had chosen one of the shorter boys in my class to be the groom. We even had some traditional music for the ceremony. The afternoon was all art work, Mothers' day cards and Japanese fans for the multicultural celebration assembly. Tomorrow I'll be in another class making a dragon for a Chinese dragon dance, I must be mad.Nno spectacular sunset this evening. Just a watery winter sun.
I thought I'd throw in this picture to show the seasonal brown hues of the country lanes and the squared off beech hedges. No buzzards sitting on the telegraph poles today.


2 comments:

Elora said...

Your "Daft Patch" still makes me giggle, Ruta!

You seem to have sooo much fun teaching school! Your school does so many things that are fun, plus educational, and I'm sure keeping the children "on task" is easier with the variety of intereting tasks you assign (and participate in, yourself). What a great place!

happyone said...

You sound like you really enjoy teaching and like your kids! :-) I bet you're a fun teacher!
I think the picture with the tree is striking. I like it!!