Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 28 March 2010

Summer Time Begins.

The garden was full of bird song this morning as I continued picking up leaves, (and removed moss and the occasional weed). A wood pigeon cooing away was suitably pastoral with the mewing of seagulls and the occasional call of a buzzard. A pair of robins were involved in a courtship dance in the blackcurrant bushes. After a couple of hours rain and my back, stopped play. I had been bidding on a superking size bed for our room so I spent the afternoon having a bit of a sort out in there. Got out bid at the end but I shall keep on looking.
Had an exciting evening watching the final of Dancing On Ice, but kept yawning all the time as last night's change to Summer Time caught up with me. It will be good to have an extra hour of daylight in the evenings.

4 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Enjoy the lighter evenings and wishing you a wonderful spring and summer - you really deserve it after the winter you've been through!

Julie said...

We went out and enjoyed the extra hour tonight, it was soooo nice!!!

Elora said...

Your robins are soooo different from ours! (or IS that a robin?) Our summer time went into effect Sunday before last and will be with us until November!

Elora

Ruta M. said...

Yes, that is a robin, hence the Christmas tradition of a Robin Red Breast which appears on 'Victorian' style Christmas cards.