Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 4 March 2010

World Book Day.

For a change today I was teaching in the morning. The children were all quite excited as most of them came to school dressed up as a fairy tale character for World Book Day. The adults had also been asked to dress up and this time I came as Mother Bear from Goldilocks and the 3 Bears. It was an easy costume for me as I have a furry brown hoody to which I sewed some velvet ears. An apron,brown trousers, large necklace and wooden spoon completed the ensemble together with a painted nose. I must have made the ears a bit too big because some children thought I was a monkey or a mouse. Not as observant as the small child that said 'Hello Elf,' to me as I walked across the playground. I didn't keep the costume on when I went into town in the afternoon. I might have got a few strange looks walking round the library dressed as a bear/mouse. The day has been cold but sunny so I was able to put in a couple of hours in the garden. I had been enjoying the birdsong all around when the peace was shattered by my neighbour doing some work with a chainsaw right behind our house. In between his racket I could hear his little boy shouting 'Dad,Dad.' and then joining in with the chainsaw noises. Never mind, it's usually pretty peaceful here.

2 comments:

Elora said...

OK...where's the picture of you in your bear costume???!!

We want Ruta!

we want Ruta! (in costume, of course!)

Elora

Ruta M. said...

Sorry, I didn't get anyone to take a photo, (accidentaly on purpose.)