Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 12 March 2010

Dragon Dance.

We had great fun this morning. First the children had to paint all the parts for the dragon costume. Then they all had a try at dancing as the dragon so that I could select one team for the performance. ( I let the children sort themselves into teams and it was all volunteers for the different roles in our performance.) We had a whole school celebration assembly where each class showed what they had been learning about other cultures. For our performance we had the dragon dance while some children played instruments to accompany the music I had on cd, others spoke a little about Chinese New Year and the rest showed the dragon puppets they had made last week. One child who has behaviour problems was not in school today and the rest of the class did really well considering that we did everything in one morning and had very limited practice time. My hardest job was assembling all the parts of the dragon at lunch time. Never has a stapler worked so fast. I enjoy doing art work with children and my favourite time of the school year is arts' weeks when we spend the whole time doing creative activities. I think we have one week coming up soon with the theme of 'Africa'. That will be good for the children as they rarely come across other cultures in this part of the world.

No comments: